3 Day Beginner Kitesurfing Lesson
Your 3 Day Beginner Kitesurfing Lesson in Cape Town is initially run along exactly the same lines as the two day course. The third day gives you more time to concentrate on getting up and riding on the board and better kite control. The art of edging the board is covered in your two day course and this is one of the techniques you will be concentrating on during this third day session.
What you will learn
- The same as day 1 and 2.
- Progress with board starts.
- Improve kite control.
- Learn to ride upwind.
- Make your first turns.
- Control kite and board in waves.
- There is no maximum or minimum height or size, but you will need to fit into a harness.
- The minimum age is 12.
- If you have a particular medical condition that you think may affect your ability to do the course, please check with the centre when booking.
- Participants must be comfortable in the water and a confident swimmer.
- The course will last for 3 days lasting up to 4 hours each day.
- The start times may vary due to wind and tide times.
What to Wear / Equipment
- You should dress appropriately for the weather on the day - unfortunately it is not always bright sunshine and 30 degrees on the beach!
- The first part of any course is land based so you will need trainers or other flat, sensible shoes, and warm clothes.
- You should also bring a drink, a snack, and sun protection and sun glasses for the warmer months. When you are in the water, swimming trunks, swimming costumes and bikinis are fine to wear underneath the wetsuit. And, of course, don't forget to bring a towel!
- Everything else you need to do the course will be provided. This includes wetsuits, life jackets, helmets, kites, boards, harnesses, leashes, bar and lines and insurance.
Group Size / Spectators
- 2 students per instructor.
- Spectators are welcome, but please find out from the instructors where the safest place to stand and watch is.
- Kitesurfing is a weather-dependent sport - you need sufficient wind & tides to move.
- It is important to be aware of changes in the wind speed, direction and sea state; it's a good idea to check a couple of forecasts before you go kitesurfing.
- Kitesurfing is available all year round, although November to April are the best months in Cape Town!
3 Day Kitesurfing Lesson Includes
- Professional IKO instructors.
- 1 Day of lessons in Cape Town 4hrs per day.
- 2 Days in Langebaan .
- All equipment included.
3 Day Kitesurfing Lesson Excludes
- Transport to and from the site
- Transport can be organised at R200/day