BSUPA Level 1 SUP LESSON
BSUPA Level 1 Ready to Ride SUP Course
During the course you will be given an introduction to how the weather and environment affects you, how to carry the board and paddle, paddling technique, different types of turns, self rescue, how to fall safely as well as how to plan expeditions and the basics of stance in surf.
The 2 hour SUP course in Cape Town is run in flat water and at the end of it you will be presented with your BSUPA Level 1 Ready to Ride Certificate.
BSUPA (The British Stand Up Padddle Association) is a UK organisation officially created as an association to represent the interests of the Stand Up Paddle Boarder. BSUPA leads the development of the sport through training/coaching schemes.
Adrenalised Boardsports has an in-house fully qualified BSUPA Instructor who also holds an EFRI (First Aid Instructor) rating. This ensures you receive professional certified training with safety the No.1 priority.
We believe you should book with us because:
- You receive training from a Professional fully qualified BSUPA (British Stand Up Paddle Association) Instructor.
- We believe in a personalised experience and have limited our student to instructor ratio at 6 students per instructor. This gives our instructors a chance to spend more quality time with each student.
- We strive to make each experience as fun as possible.
- Safety is our main priority. Our instructors follow rules and guidelines set out by the BSUPA association.
- We are only one of 2 operations that have permission and access to conduct the 2 Hour SUP lesson on the picturesque V&A Waterfront Canals.
- Minimum age is 12 years old.
- You should be comfortable in the water and able to swim.
- This is a strenuous but fun activity, and requires a reasonable level of fitness.
- Allow approximately 2 hours for the course.
What to Wear / Equipment
- All equipment is provided i.e. wetsuit, boots, paddle and Stand Up Paddleboard.
- You should bring your own swimming costume, towel and sunscreen and hat.
- Bring some warm clothes for afterwards, even if it's sunny!
Group Size / Spectators
- Maximum of 6 students per instructor.
- Spectators are definitely welcome.
- As we run our SUP lessons on the canals we are able to run them year round.
- SUP lessons are available 7 days a week.