Cabrinha Drifter 2017
Purpose built for kite surfing, the Drifter is known for its drift stability, precise turning, and instant power and depower. Dominating the podium with multiple World Tour Kitesurfing Wave Championship titles in both the men’s and women's divisions, it delivers a perfect blend of the best elements for riding waves. Three well-placed struts keep the profile of the kite upright and compact, so you can turn on a dime and power and depower on command. Two bridle tuning options optimize performance for offshore wind conditions or onshore winds. Its standout characteristic, coined “Slack Line Drift”, defines its exceptional ability to drift downwind and stay aloft when the lines are slackened. The Drifter’s ability to get you up and going with a short depower travel allows you to drop in, accelerate, then dump the power completely to snap or carve turns. These characteristics combined that have put this kite at the top of its class for six years running.
- Dedicated surf kite.
- Best ‘Slack Line Drift’ on the market.
- Exclusive Onshore and Offshore tuning options.
- Precision turning.
- Get all the power you need, with the ability to dump it for a pure surf feeling.
- Amazing relaunch.
- Quick kite acceleration and deceleration.
- Excellent for surf freestyle with a surfboard, skimboard or wakeboard.
- Specially designed for kitesurfing in waves and surf freestyle.
2DR Double Ripstop:
- Cabrinha’s exclusive line of high-quality woven fabrics has been designed specifically for kitesurfing.
- Unlike many of the generic sailcloths available in today’s kites, the Volae materials have been specially developed to our exact specifications.
- The development process has taken over 5 years to create this dedicated kite material, which delivers the lowest stretch and highest durability on the market.
- The Sprint Inflation System with Airlock is the most efficient and easy way to get your kite pumped up.
- The large one-way Airlock valve quickly feeds air into all of the struts from a single location.
- The Airlock connection to the Sprint pump now requires no special adapters.
- Once inflated, you can lock off each strut independently to keep your kite’s rigid frame, and isolate any accidental strut deflation from the rest of the kite.
- When the session is over, the entire kite will deflate in seconds thanks to the Airlock valve’s large dump feature.
- A dynamic arc allows the kite to have two distinct arc shapes.
- The kite takes on one shape while flying, and another shape while in resting mode on the water.
- The flying shape occurs as soon as the kite gets airborne and the front lines are under tension.
- The flying shape is the kite’s intended shape which is optimized for the intended usage.
- The arc shape is held in place by a simple set of bridling.
- The dynamic arc shape occurs when the kite is not in flight, such as when the kite is resting on the water in relaunch mode.
- The dynamic arc allows the kite to open its span and orient the wingtips in a position to facilitate a super quick relaunch.
- All Cabrinha kites are designed and built on a Skeletal Frame foundation.
- We start by placing the most durable, 160 gsm Dacron material into a framework that locks in the intended shape.
- We then create the canopy shape and profiles with a light weight yet highly durable 53 gsm polyester woven material.
- We build on the durability of the canopy material with a second layer of 53 gsm two-ply material over the high stress strut sections.
- Next, we layer into the perimeter a 75 gsm, double ripstop reinforcement material to combat the extreme loads that are placed on the trailing edge and wing tip areas of the kite.
- Finally, we complete the kite with details such as molded EVA chafe protectors, robust leading edge protectors, and triple row stitching at the high stress inter-segment seams near the center of the kite.
- We seal it all up with a woven nylon ribbon reinforcement on the leading edge closing seam.
- Power Control settings quickly adjust the power level of the kite.
- Each rear line “pig tail” connector has three power positions which you can connect to.
- The middle position is the factory recommended position.
- Create more power by connecting the knot closest to the kite or less power by connecting to the knot closest to the rider.
1X Security System:
- The 1X is not a depower system, it is a full blown shut down system.
- The 1X relies on only one line to immediately shut down the power of the kite whether it be on land or water in all wind conditions.
- While surfing it’s sometimes important to depower the kite to the point where you can surf on your own wave generated power without the pull of the kite.
- It’s here that the Drifter is able to stay aloft and drift downwind with you.
- When the time calls for it, you can immediately power up the kite and make the next section.
Wing Tip Setting Options:
- We offer multiple tuning options this season which completely change the way a kite flies.
- These options allow you to customize the feedback and bar pressure, adjust where the kite sits in the window, and balance the power/ de-power range of the kite.
- Cabrinha highly recommends testing the different settings for yourself to find out what feels the best to you.
A = The lightest bar pressure and lightest steering initiation.
B = Much more feedback, more bar pressure, shortened depower, and more steering impulse to know where the kite is.
- Side Shore/Offshore setting optimizes performance for wave riding in side shore and offshore wind.
- Side Shore/Onshore setting optimizes performance for wave riding in side shore and onshore wind.