Naish Slash 2017
Pure Wave / Strapless
Developed with elite riders on the crest of the most legendary waves in the world—and tested to perform in even the most sloppy, onshore conditions—the Slash offers a smooth, yet responsive experience that adapts easily to a diversity of surf and trick riding.
Born from the DNA of the renowned Pivot, the Slash features a lower aspect ratio and higher, wider wingtips for a compact overall outline which makes it easy to turn quickly and change direction. The swept wing tip delivers unmatched drifting ability, light bar pressure and quick relaunch. Perfectly balanced, the bridles and geometry are tuned to produce an incredibly stable shape and intuitive performance.
Constructed with Quad-Tex—a revolutionary new 4x-reinforced ripstop that is 30% stronger and stiffer than any other kite canopy material on the market—the Slash is, easily, one of the strongest kites around. Intuitive, durable, dynamic. . . the Slash puts you in control to rip the most out of your session.
- Quad-Tex - strongest kite canopy material on the market featuring 4x-reinforced ripstop.
- Ultra-reinforced Wingtip construction .
- Precision turns on a small axis with minimum power increase in the turn.
- ABS Bridle for consistent forward drive + maximum depower + no back-stalling.
- Quick water relaunch.
- Unmatched drifting ability.
- Constant leading edge taper.
- High-flow Valve.
- Canopy Stabilizer.
- The arc generates maximum projected area for power and lift while the swept design provides precision turning, control and ideal relaunch capabilities.
Lightweight Solid Frame Construction:
- Every strut is attached to an optimized, lightweight frame consisting of heavy-duty dacron that is then sewn onto the canopy for unmatched resistance to wear and heavy loads.
Extra-reinforced Wingtip Construction:
- Strength in wipeouts/surf-ready
- The profile’s depth and shape evolves along the airfoil, helping create a fast flying, stable kite with less back stalling.
- The center sections generate power thanks to a deeper profile, while the flatter profile in the tips minimizes drag and allows faster turning.
Radial Segmented Arc:
- The radial segmented shape uses short linear segments to a ccurately form the kite’s arc.
Low Drag Wing Tip:
- This wing tip geometry decreases the overall surface area of the non-lifting portion, greatly reducing drag.
- The more efficient the lift/drag ratio becomes, the faster the wing tip can move through the air.
- This allows the kite to be both quicker and more responsive through turns.
Octopus Inflation System:
- This proven, quick, and easy single-point inflation system creates uniform pressure in the struts and leading edge.
- Naish’s exclusive one-way internal valve ensures that the pressure within the struts does not change during turns.
EASY ACCESS ZIPPER PLACEMENT:
- Extremely easy access to the internal valve when replacing bladders.
MOLDED TE REINFORCEMENT:
- Optimal trailing edge protection with a molded reinforcement at the end of each strut.
- Large thermo-molded bumpers wrap around the leading edge, which provide seam protection when landing and launching the kite.
- Patches along LE segments to protect the seams.
- Trailing edge reinforcement for reduced flutter and canopy sheer/wear.
2-PIECE LEADING EDGE:
- This construction provides better twist control of the leading edge, and improves turning performance.
DEFLATE VALVE DOUBLE VELCRO CLOSURE:
- The deflate valve has a double-Velcro closure design to ensure closure during impact.
REINFORCED STRUT ZIPPERS:
- A double-Velcro flat enclosure ensures that the zipper will not fail under load.
VERTICAL SEAM STRUTS:
- A reduction in the number of pieces used in the struts means more precision in defining the canopy profile.
- The seams are also reinforced with an extra layer of webbing, and double zigzag stitches to avoid breakage.
HIGH FLOW VALVE:
- One way valve for reduced frictional force, easy inflation and immediate deflation.