Naish Torch 2017
PRO PERFORMANCE FREESTYLE
From design and testing to incremental perfecting, the Torch is a product of years of collaboration with the top kiters in the world in the most demanding conditions. Flown year after year on the world tour—consistently dominating the King of the Air—this kite has pushed the boundaries of what was ever conceived possible. Offering smooth power delivery, with depower similar to that of a bridled kite, the Torch delivers precision response for hooked and unhooked riding.
Now available to a broader skillset, less experienced kiters can still ride like Jesse Richman, or Kevin Langeree with the Torch’s new ESP setting, which allows riders to adjust the depower to have more forgiving control with all the performance.
Taking this sought-after C-kite to the next level, the addition of the Quad-Tex canopy makes the Torch practically indestructible. Already engineered for solid control and handling in strong winds, the addition of Quad-Tex’s 4x-reinforced ripstop and perfectly balanced weave matrix—testing 30% stronger and stiffer than any other around—heightens the stability and responsiveness of the Torch design. The pinnacle of freestyle performance just became stronger and more accessible; time to experience the pure precision of the Torch.
- Quad-Tex - strongest kite canopy material on the market featuring 4x-reinforced ripstop.
- Precision response for hooked and unhooked riding.
- Solid power through turns.
- Canopy Stabilizer.
- Reduced leading edge taper.
- Direct bar feel.
- Superior unhooked control.
- High-flow Valve.
- This proven airframe design delivers maximum pop and lift.
- The non-swept outline aligns the center of effort with the tow point for perfect loading through the canopy at all times, resulting in power through the turn.
- Greater angle of attack control for more instant depower.
Solid Frame Construction:
- Every strut is attached to a frame of heavy duty Dacron that is then sewn onto the canopy for unmatched resistance to wear and heavy loads.
- The profile’s depth and shape evolves along the airfoil, helping create a fast flying, stable kite with less back stalling.
- The center sections generate power thanks to a deeper profile, while the flatter profile in the tips minimizes drag and allows faster turning.
Radial Segmented Arc:
- The radial segmented shape uses short linear segments to accurately form the kite’s arc.
Octopus Inflation System:
- This proven, quick, and easy single-point inflation system creates uniform pressure in the struts and leading edge.
- Naish’s exclusive one-way internal valve ensures that the pressure within the struts does not change during turns..
Low-V, 5-line Platform:
- Kite flies more open for more direct bar feel & heightened stability.
EASY ACCESS ZIPPER PLACEMENT:
- Extremely easy access to the internal valve when replacing bladders.
MOLDED TE REINFORCEMENT:
- Optimal trailing edge protection with a molded reinforcement at the end of each strut.
- Large thermo-molded bumpers wrap around the leading edge, which provide seam protection when landing and launching the kite.
- Patches along LE segments to protect the seams.
- Trailing edge reinforcement for reduced flutter and canopy sheer/wear.
2-PIECE LEADING EDGE:
- This construction provides better twist control of the leading edge, and improves turning performance.
DEFLATE VALVE DOUBLE VELCRO CLOSURE:
- The deflate valve has a double-Velcro closure design to ensure closure during impact.
REINFORCED STRUT ZIPPERS:
- A double-Velcro flat enclosure ensures that the zipper will not fail under load.
VERTICAL SEAM STRUTS:
- A reduction in the number of pieces used in the struts means more precision in defining the canopy profile.
- The seams are also reinforced with an extra layer of webbing, and double zigzag stitches to avoid breakage.
HIGH FLOW VALVE:
- One way valve for reduced frictional force, easy inflation and immediate deflation.