O'Brien SOB 2016
HARD CHARGING PRECISION FOR PROFESSIONAL AND ADVANCED RIDERS
Sean O’Brien has been killing it on the Paradigm over the past few seasons, but after learning about our new technologies and materials, Sean and O’Brien collectively decided it was time for a new deck. As a result, Sean worked hand in hand with legendary shaper Chris Johnson to create the S.O.B.
With a soft refined flex pattern the S.O.B. is a pure park performer. However taken out of it’s park element and faced with a boat wake, and it’s flex dissipates energy upon landing allowing less abuse on your body and longer sets.
Sure a beginner will be able to turn laps on the board, but the S.O.B. was designed for maximum performance under advanced and pro riders. The subtle contouring along the rails provides, helps hold and edge upon approach, and the tip and tail channels help the rider effortlessly lock into nose and tail presses.
- Progressive Rocker: Is the result of combining lightweight foam and two balsa wood stringers that run from the tip and tail of the board that creates a durable, strong, snappy deck, allowing the board to flex yet always return to it’s natural rocker line.
- Fusion Core: Is the result of combining lightweight foam and two balsa wood stringers that run from the tip and tail of the board that creates a durable, strong, snappy deck, allowing the board to flex yet always return to it’s natural rocker line.
- Flex Tech: Like skateboards and snowboards O’Brien’s Flex Technology is constructed of multiple materials sandwiched together and framed by a urethane sidewall. This produces a board with optimum flex profiles and durability to last multiple seasons.
- Impact Base: We once again pulled some inspiration from our snowboard brethren and our Impact Base is the same material you’ll find on the slopes of your local mountain. Built to withstand multiple seasons of shredding O’Brien’s the only manufacturer proud to stand behind wakeboards used on cable park features with a full 1 year warranty against not just manufacturer defects but breakage!
- DuraRail: Is a high density durable urethane material that boarders the entire board. At 5.25 cm thick, Durarail sidewalls ensures your board will last through whatever you throw at it, cable parks, rocks, dock slides or etc…
- DELTA BASE: Providing the same advantages as dimples on a golf ball Delta Base technology is evidenced by the unique tip and tail features on the base of the board. These features cause the waters surface to break much like a stone skipping across the water’s surface resulting in a fast effortless approach into the wake.
- MULTIMEDIA STUD INSERT: Equipped with an extra insert for mounting your favorite multimedia device.
|Size||Weight||Width||Rocker||Stance||Edge Profile||Fin Set-Up|
|136||140-220lbs||17.1||2.72||22 24 26||Straight||Blunt 0.8|