SUP Madibas Left Robben Island
Madibas Left is an uncrowded reef break that breaks on the Northern Side of Robben Island with spectacular views of both Robben Island and Table Mountain.
The trip begins with a boat trip on a 8.5m Gemini departing from the V&A Waterfront and takes approximately 25 min. Once we are all kitted up and ready the boat drops us at the backline and when you've had enough you just signal to the boat and you'll be collected.
The wave is a left hander that breaks over a reef and kelp and runs for up to 150 meters with a steep take-off thats smoothens off onto a long wall.
This wave deserves respect and requires some fitness and experience.
- The minimum age is 18 years old.
- Must be a fit, active and experienced Stand Up Paddle Boarder.
- The total experience will last for up to 5 hours with about 4 hours surf time.
- The start times will vary due to swell, wind, fog and tide times.
What to Wear / Equipment
- Surfers will need to bring all of their own equipment. We recommend at least a 4/3mm wetsuit, and a maximum of 2 boards.
- Surfers as well as spectators should bring a waterproof jacket, dry bag for cellphones etc, towel and sunblock.
- If you are prone to get seasick we recommend that you take your seasick tablets 2 hours before departure.
Group Size / Spectators
- Maximum of 6 stand up paddle boarders and 4 spectators.
- Madibas Left works best on a high tide with swell heights in excess of 2.5 meters.
- The south easterly wind does not affect the break much but the northwester depending on the strength will have an affect.
- Madibas Left is available year round.
Madibas Left SUP Trip Includes:
- Boat Trip
- Bottled Water and snacks
- Surf Guide