The Wedge Cape Town
A short 10min jet boat ride from just outside the shop puts you on a very unique, hollow sand bottom beach break, offering the best views of Devils Peak, Lions Head and Table Mountain.
- The minimum age is 18 years old.
- Must be a fit, active and experienced surfer in bigger surf.
- Intimidate to advanced.
- The total experience will last for up to 2 hours with about 2 hours.
- The start times will vary due to swell, wind, fog and tide times.
What to Wear / Equipment
- Surfers will need to bring all of their own equipment. We recommend at least a 4/3mm wetsuit, and a maximum of 2 surfboards.
- Surfers as well as spectators should bring a waterproof jacket, dry bag for cellphones etc., towel and sunblock.
- If you are prone to get seasick we recommend that you take your seasick tablets 2 hours before departure.
Group Size / Spectators
- Maximum of 6 surfers and 4 spectators.
- The Wedge works best on a mid to high tide with swell heights in excess of 2.5 meters.
- The best wind direction is east, but the northwester will have an affect.
- Surfing The Wedge is available year round but the best time is May to October.
The Wedge Surf Trip Includes:
- Boat Trip
- Bottled Water
- Surf Guide